Sunday, April 11, 2010

Being Content...

I love how God is always revealing something new to us... it's like we think to ourselves, life is good and I'm in a really great place with God. I was thinking about that the other day when I realized, "God, I want you to reveal something new that I need to lay down." And sure enough... He has :)
As Jon and I go through pre-marriage counseling, we have had some great topics come up. Recently, our pastor brought up being content. It was dealing with the issue of money, but as I thought about it, it is applicable to all aspects of my life. Am I content? Am I seeking for things outside of Christ? Do I know who I am in Christ?
Hebrews 13:5--- "... Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you. So we say with confidence, ' The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?'
If I know the Lord will never leave me, nor will He forsake me, why do I worry so much? Why do I worry about my to do list? Why do I worry if all the pieces of the puzzle will be put together? Because ultimately, God is the first piece of the puzzle and the last. And if I keep searching for it everywhere else, it will never be put together.
Why do I worry about what others think?
These questions are always going through my mind, I become anxious when I think about all that needs to be done. About decisions I think I have to make. Many of the times, God has already made the decision, but I am seeking the answers elsewhere.
John 14: 16--- "... Counselor to be with you forever- the Spirit of Truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
No wonder I don't get any gratification from what co-workers tell me or friends. I have been given my guide, I have been given the answers. The Spirit is not someone that everyone hears or can turn to. I have to CHOOSE to listen. I have to CHOOSE to ignore my flesh. I have to CHOOSE to turn away from this world.
It's an on-going battle, looking for satisfaction in this world and being content with where God has me. I might not have a completed to-do list, everything ready for the wedding, a perfect budget, or everything I want... but, I do have HIM. I have been blessed with the MANY things in my life, I have a God who loves me for who I am. At the end of the day, I only want to worry about if I satisfied Him. "God, did I love you today? Did I serve you today? Did I accomplish the things you wanted me to?" Because my work is not unto man, but unto my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment